Happy New Year to you all! I pray for you a wonderful, blessed New Year, full of joy and happiness! I anticipate God doing some pretty amazing things in our lives. May we all take the time to notice Him in the everyday things.

Our adventures have led us to Maryland to visit with my Brother-in-law and his family. Aside from me getting a weird stomach bug that hu
ng on until yesterday and pretty much ruined my New Year's Eve, it was a great visit! We have 2 adorable nephews and it was a joy to see them playing so well with our kids. Georgia and Joshie took to each other and played and fought like brother and sister. And Isaac and Scoty, cousins of the same age, played really well together too. Uncle Wade checked and cleaned all of our teeth, and I even got to assist with Scot's cavity filling! As our lifelong friend, Mara, said yesterday, that's like some kind of awful nightmare you have when you are young: your older brother and your wife both hovering over you with sharp inplements and a violently strong sucking instrument while you lie helpless on a dental chair! :)
We got to catch up some and just hang out and have a little birthday cake for Scoty. I only wish they lived closer! As we drove to Walmart yesterday, heading in the same direction we drive when we visit Maryland, Scoty shouted, "Can't we just go to Uncle Wade's house in Maryland again!" :)
Yesterday Mara and her husband, Chad, came to visit! It was great to see them
and just be able to hang out and catch up! We laugh a lot together, an
d I can honestly say that no one, aside from my sister, has as much of a connected history with me than Mara. She and I were together constantly from 3rd grade right through college! While we were talking, Chad was enjoying some major Wii time with the kids! They had a blast!It's been a good New Year so far...and it's only going to get better!
1 comment:
Glad to see you back, Carrie!! I LOVE your new blog header - what a great photo!!
Post a Comment