I wanted to use this gorgeous kit, Harvest, by Jennifer Labre Designs. I pulled out some Thanksgiving pictures, but it just wasn't grabbing me. I started searching through my unscrapped photos and I found this picture of Papa Joe and Na-na's barn. I think it was taken in the mid-80s or so. And the colors of fall made it perfect for this kit. But what do I do with a picture of the barn? Journal from the heart, of course!
The barn might not survive another season. All have acknowledged that the barn will need to come down sooner rather than later. And it makes me sad. This barn tells a story. It's been there for so very long and has seen so much. It stands as a symbol of the Stoschack farm. When it finally comes down, my heart will feel sad.

The kit is available at ScrapMatters. Trust me...if you need a fall/harvest kit, you want this one! It's STUNNING! I just had to scrap with it!
1 comment:
Beautiful page, bitter-sweet story. I think it was a wonderful idea to remember it this way. That way, no matter what happens, you've preserved it forever.
Post a Comment