It was a hard goodbye. Many tears were shed as we parted ways yesterday morning. Rest assured, there will be more shed as time passes. But, the good news is that we all felt right at home here. What a relief to be in our own home once again.
Our friends tooks us out for lunch and as we flew through the city, I reflected on our first few days in Jerusalem in 2004. We felt so overwhelmed by everything that was different. Everything looked unfamiliar and strange. We couldn't communicate in either of the major languages. Shopping was scary.
This time? It felt comfortable. I didn't recoil from every car on the road with the death grip on the dashboard! We saw many familiar faces, and I actually wanted to stop at the store to say hello to the employees!
Yes, God has called us to be here. The goodbyes will never get any easier. In fact, they will always break our hearts. But this is home until God changes our direction. And that's a good, peaceful feeling. Thanks for praying!
We snapped some pictures as we said goodbye to family and friends. Thought I'd share a few with you before I turn in for the night.






1 comment:
God Bless you and your family. What a testament to your children, as well as friends and family, on how to follow God's call. Blessing abound when we say YES to God!!!
Post a Comment