Friday, December 18, 2009

Celebrating the Advent Season

I love Christmas! I love the sights and sounds of the season. I love Christmas carols and songs, buying and making presents for those I love. I love Christmas Eve candle-lighting services, and celebrating with our church family. I love twinkling lights, decorating the Christmas tree and TINSEL!

But what I treasure most is celebrating the Advent season. As a family we sit together with only the Christmas lights twinkling, and we read an Advent passage every night of the season. The children open our Nativity Advent calendar and we sing Christmas carols together.

The anticipation of the coming of Christ to the earth and rejoicing in his arrival fills my heart with joy. We look ahead with anticipation to the Easter season and the celebration of His death and ressurrection. And to His second coming. It's all wrapped up in the Christmas story.

My heart is filled with the wonder of the season. I love the childlike faith I see in the eyes of my children. What a precious time of year!