I pictured a video, not full of politics, but full of faces and the reality of life. Every year I would say how I wanted to make this video, and every year I lacked the resources necessary. This year, a young man and member of an Alliance Church in the US came to do some promotional videography for us. He had enough time to shoot some personal footage.
As we sat brainstorming one night, this song came on and I shared with Daniel my vision. He loved the idea and spent a morning in Bethlehem, capturing the footage you see in this video. I cried the first time I saw it. It expresses what I desired to communicate. It captures the faces of the people who have become precious to me. It tells the story of Bethlehem today...yet bringing our minds back to the Bethlehem of old. I hope your heart is touched as you watch. And may you be reminded of the One who came to set us all free. Blessings this Christmas season. And, thanks, Daniel, for catching my vision!
Filmed entirely in Bethlehem, West Bank.
O Little Town of Bethlehem [Today] from daniel riemenschneider on Vimeo.
2 comments:
Carrie Ann - I love reading your blog. I haven't been here in forever and checked in today.
I LOVE this! So beautiful but so disturbing. Makes me want to pray right now.
Merry Christmas!!
Michelle in MI from SS
Peaches, thank you for sharing this video. It's really touching & I had no idea this is what it looked like now. ~PPD~
Post a Comment