Thursday, July 22, 2010

Senior year grades!

Senior year grades have been released today throughout Palestine. They publish them in the newspapers and shout the grades through the streets. I'm sitting in Salfit, listening to horn honking and wild cheering throughout the village! Phones are ringing and excited cries are being uttered! Sweets are being bought and passed around to everyone!

A woman who works with us here took a call from her nephew. I heard her squealing and shouting and she ran into every room in the center to tell everyone her nephew had succeeded. She then ran to the store next door and bought small candy bars to pass around to everyone in celebration!

It's hard not to catch the excitement...especially for me. Because, as many of you know, I'm just a slightly excitable person. heehee!

Congratulations to all who have worked so hard and succeeded on the end of the year senior exams! May God bless you and draw you close to himself!

Off to squeal and giggle with everyone who is running around wildly, laughing and shouting! Now that's something I can get into! :D

No comments: