Saturday, September 4, 2010

Turning over a new leaf?

Perhaps I feel inspired by my dear friend, Joanie. Or perhaps by some lifestyle changes that I've made recently. I just feel the urge to breathe new life into my blog. For what purpose? I suppose for my own amusement since I honestly have no idea how many people are actually stopping by and reading my blog. :) But that's okay.

My friend Joanie? She's pretty awesome, and though we live literally a world apart, I feel a connection with her and I miss her. She inspires me with her creativity and determination. And her big heart for the world. And her awesome kids. She started a new business venture as a Stampin' Up consultant and has a pretty cool blog to go with it! You should check out Joan's Daily Stampede to find some major card-making inspiration that is full of Joanie's personality! You'll love it!

As for me and my big lifestyle change? Well, for most of my adult years I have known that I have high cholesterol. Likely a hereditary issue. But I have never done anything about it aside from lose some weight (not necessarily eating in a healthy way) and exercising more. I had blood work done for an unrelated issue and asked the doctor to run my cholesterol check, too. It was high. So, Scot and I decided to do something about it. I began sticking to a low cholesterol diet. I cut out lots of things I love (or eat them in very small amounts these days!) like cheese, ice cream, and eggs. I have added oatmeal and oat bran to my diet. I began consuming 30mg of fiber every day. And we bought a juicer.

Yep. A Juice Tiger. :D I've been getting an incredible amount of fruits and veggies as a result of my juicer and my smoothie renaissance!

It's been 2 weeks. I feel better and know I'm making healthy choices for my body and my future. It isn't easy, but it was time.

Perhaps a combination of Joanie's inspiration and my new life-change endeavor have caused me to miss blogging. Perhaps it's a passing phase...but I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I'm reading. Keep posting. :-) I'm excited to see others who are interested in activating their blogs again.

I've recently revisited my blog too and I've vowed to myself to start actively writing on it again. I was doing good for several days until my surgery. Now that I'm feeling better I'm ready to start up again.

Good for you Carrie for your lifestyle changes and inspiration to update your blog! Way to go Joanie, for inspiring both you and me to start writing on our blogs again. :-)

Christy said...

Hi Carrie- good job with the lifestyle change- keep up the good work. :)