What a movie!!!!
Prince Caspian. What a movie! We had the fun opportunity to take the older 3 kids to see Prince Caspian today! This is something that we've been looking forward to for months! We were not disappointed! Well, Scot was a wee bit disappointed. After all, the movie wasn't exactly like the book! But we were able to look past that to see the amazingly fun movie!

We made plans with another family to go see the 11:30am show today. Off we went: 4 adults, 6 kids (the littlest among us stayed behind and we all enjoyed the day just that much more because of that fact! :) We got there early enough and were pleased to find ou
t that they were showing 2 versions simultaneously: one in Hebrew and one in English. The Hebrew theater was packed with kids! Our theater was only half full and our kids were the youngest there.
I have to say, this was the first time that Maggie and Scoty have ever been to the movies! And Thomas was so small for his experience back in the US, that I seriously doubt he remembers it...though he claims he does! The kids were wide-eyed the entire time! It was almost as much fun watching them watch the movie as it was watching the movie itself! Almost...
When we were waiting in line for our popcorn, Scoty turned to Scot and asked, "Baba, where's the TV?" Imagine paying that kind of money to watch a movie on a television! He was in for a real treat when he saw the screen!
They were absolutely captivated! The movie, though not exactly like the book (ahem...yes, thank you Scot!), kept to the book's original theme. The image of Jesus and the crisis of faith was crystal clear throughout the film. At one point, in a scene
where Aslan calls to the sea which roars into life in the shape of a man and defeats the enemy, I was so clearly reminded of the line from the worship song, Shout to the Lord: "Mountians bow down and the seas will roar at the sound of your name!" I had chills!
I caught the kids covering their eyes a few times. But they loved it! We all admitted we'd go back to see it in the theater again tomorrow if we could! What a movie! I'm so glad that my kids' first experience in the theater was for something so completely enjoyable! I can't wait to see it again!
1 comment:
Oh! We are sooo looking forward to seeing this. It sounds like everyone had a great time Carrie. I love that song and will think of you when I see the part with the waves. =] ...how are you? (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment