Seemed we have been having one of those years! Car troubles, stresses in work and ministry, family problems back home. We needed to get away for just a little while. Even that seemed impossible without a car. But when something seems impossible, God is faithful! We did get away...And I am back and blogging! We left for a mini-vacation last week and got to spend
3 wonderful days at a resort in Aqaba, Jordan! We slept, we swam, and we relaxed! That was a first for us in a long, long time! We even got a complimentary upgrade from a junior studio room (basically the cheapest room they had that would hold all 6 of us) to a 2 bedroom apartment! Now, that was more than a little blessing from God!After 3 days in Aqaba, we joined coworkers and friends at a hotel just outside of Petra, Jordan, for 6 days of conferencing, laughing, and having fun! We conference with this same group every year, and we always have a great time! These are all foreigners, mostly from the US, living and working all around the Middle East. We get to debrief, laugh, cry, and share each other's burdens.

I often say I feel like a pressure cooker. We live and work in a stressful place and bear the burdens and hardships of those we work with. By the time we get to Jordan we are tired, worn out, and ready for a break. We are able to release the pressure valve and just let loose some of the emotions that have been threatening to spill over. It is a guarantee that I will cry more than once during the retreat time. And I will get to laugh until my sides hurt! This year we did karaoke (Scot and I wowed the crowd with our rendition of I Got You, Babe!), played spoons and scum and just got to talk with others in the same situation as us. What a blessing!

So, we are back in Jerusalem. We've got school starting for our kids this week, which means buying books, uniforms, and backpacks, and getting fresh haircuts for the boys. It also means planning our fall schedule of Arabic studies, English classes, and church ministry.
And at the forefront of my thoughts? In just over 3 months we'll be headed to the US for the first time in nearly 4 1/2 years! We'll be staying there for 7 months. We could use some prayers that we are able to prioritize, prepare and stay focused over the upcoming months! To say I'm excited about getting back to the US would be an understatement. But in the back of my mind is the knowledge that part of my heart will be left here too.
For today, I'm up to my ears in laundry, e-mails, and phonecalls. But it's still good to be home.
1 comment:
I'm so happy that you were blessed with such a great vacation! I can imagine how valuable that time was for you.
Post a Comment