I'm a little behind the 8 ball on pop culture in the US, so forgive me if this is old news for you! I've just heard about the new movie, in select theaters now, called Fireproof. It deals with the realities of a troubled marriage...Marriages are in trouble. This is a huge burden on my heart. The divorce rate is staggering, and no matter how you look at it, divorce takes its toll on those who struggle through it. This movie sounds like something not only inspiriting, but useful. I can't wait to see it! I hope many of you will commit to putting the time and effort necessary into making your marriage strong and secure. I pray everyday for friends and family, that God will strengthen their marriages. I pray that they will find love and commitment and the energy necessary to make a marriage work. Hey...maybe I'm praying for you! ;)
Oh, yeah...and promise that at least some of you will enjoy the movie in my place! Looks like I'll have to wait for the dvd! :)
5 comments:
We were just discussing this movie after our Sunday Service this morning. Our Pastor has seen it 3 times (once with wife, once with kids, and once with friends) He REALLY recommends it, lol. Hopefully we can snare a babysitter long enough to see it for ourselves. (I think the nearest theater to us that's showing it is an hour and a half away)
I think it will be refreshing to see a very pro marriage movie for a change.
I have heard this is a great movie! Hopefully, you will have access before it comes out on DVD....
Well Carrie, I guess I'm right there with you, I've never heard of this either. It does sound good, I'll watch it when it comes out on PPV.
I am beyond thankful for my marriage & the strong relationship my DH & I have. It isn't always easy, but it's such a blessing & so worth it!
My husband and I saw this movie last Friday night with a small group from our church. It has been fairly well publicized around here and Christians are being encouraged to see it on the opening weekend to send a message to Hollywood that we would support more movies with Christian themes.
The movie was great. Kirk Cameron starred in it. The movie was completely filmed and produced by a church in Albany, Georgia with ONLY ONE CAMERA. Except for Kirk Cameron, all the "actors" were unpaid and I believe they were members of the church. I even heard a neat news item that Kirk Cameron refuses to kiss anyone except his wife--even in a movie--so he and his real-life wife were cast in silhouettes in the final kiss scene!
This is a really awesome movie. Hope you all get to see it.
BTW, Carrie, I think I heard the DVD comes out in Jan. 2009.
Carol
Well, here I am in the good 'ole US of A and I have not seen it yet either! I will definitely look into it. =]
Post a Comment