Her full name is
Blessing Dressler, but she's Blessie for short. When we first all climbed inside before taking her for our first family ride, I said, "She's so pretty! She needs a name!" Maggie shouted from her new spot in the back seat, "We should call her Blessing because God answered our prayers and she's a blessing!" I said, "Yeah, like Bessie...only it's Blessie for short!" And we all agreed: she certainly is a blessing. We have taken to referring to her as a she, since cars are feminine in Arabic and it gives her more character. :)This morning, during our first Arabic lesson of the new school year Scot got a call o
n his cell phone. He returned and said, "We've got a new car!" He had the chance to pick her up and bring her home after school today. Scot was grinning from ear to ear as he drove up. Not only does this car not make any of the awful sounds our old car was making, but the engine is quiet, the AC works in all 3 rows, and he drove away from the lot with just 15 kilometers on her! And a nice stereo with rear speakers to boot!Why is this car such a blessing? For oh, so many reasons! First of all, because she is reliable. We can safely do ou
r work. We can travel into the West Bank knowing she isn't going to break down. She is a blessing because she was purchased through the kindness and generosity of our supporters back home. She is a blessing because we have now been without a car for over a month and walking and taking the public bus gets old fast with 4 little kids. We knew the very first day we got this car we would all be thankful. The kids expressed such genuine joy and
appreciation that is warmed my heart. And made me think about how much walking we've been making them do!Blessie. I'm so very thankful to God for this car. She is beautiful, isn't she? Even more so because she is a reminder to us of God's faithfulness in our lives and the love and support we have from people back home. Blessie.
6 comments:
Oh Carrie, I'm so happy for you & your family! We're down to 1 car & I honestly can't even imagine not having that 1. I have thought of your family many many times when I have been frustrated over our car situation.
I think Blessie is the PERFECT name for your blessing! Congrats!!! (Oh, she really is beautiful!) :)
I'm so happy for you! The kids have named all of our cars, too. We've had a Bluey and a Ruby and a Hi Ho Silver and now Monorail (because it smelled like the Monorail at Disney when we first climbed inside! I even found a die cut that says, "My other car is a Monorail!") I know you will love and enjoy Blessie and the kids will appreciate her so much, too! Congrats!
Yea!! That IS a blessing. How sweet that your little ones recognize right away that this good and perfect gift is from Him. Very happy for you all. =]
So happy for you all! A new working car is a great thing!
I am ecstatic for you. Having a car is a blessing and when you are without one, you really understand how much our cars are relied on.
Cute name for a cute new car.
Yay!! I'm so thrilled for you. I think you gave her the perfect name.
Post a Comment