Sunday, April 27, 2008

No more diapers????!!!!!

Maybe this is an odd thing to blog about, but I'm just so darn excited, I have to share!

After nearly 9 years of constant diaper changes, we are DONE WITH DIAPERS! Yesterday, inspired by the warmer weather, I asked Georgia Kate if she wanted to wear big girl underwear. She shouted, "YES!" So, we gave it a try. A few accidents, lots of success, and here we are!

Thomas was born on June 24, 1999. We began changing his diapers. We added Maggie and her diapers to the mix on March 13, 2001. Thomas was potty trained in May of 2002. Just Maggie in diapers for a few months. Then Scoty came along. Maggie gave us a break in February of 2004. Just one in diapers for a year and a half. Then Georgia Kate came along on October 5, 2005. Scoty ended his diaper days in December of 2005. And it's been Georgia Kate's diaper days ever since.

I can seriously count on one hand how many days I've lived in the last nearly 9 years without changing a diaper. Scot and I went to Tennessee for a church conference for 4 days in 2002. There might possibly be another day I'm forgetting, though I highly doubt that. Not having to change a diaper is something that gets written on my calendar! 4 days. That's it. I have changed at least 1 diaper every other day for almost 9 years!

Can you see why I'm so excited I felt the need to blog about it? Nevermind that today is Easter and I've got adorable pictures of my kids to share and a fun holiday to write about. I had to share my complete and utter amazement that I am done with diapers. At least until the grandkids come along! And I guess I've got a few years, huh?

3 comments:

Brynn said...

WHOO-HOO, congrats to both of you! I'm following close behind you, I too am so excited to be DONE with DIAPERS!!!

So... where are the fun Easter pics?! I want to see those too.

Sherry said...

Yea! That is a huge thing to blog about. Shout it from the mountain tops. Really. =] Think of all the money you will save too.

Kaye said...

I don't think it's an odd thing to blog about! I think it's cause for celebration!!!