Monday, April 14, 2008

SS Blog Challenge #12: Getting To Know You

It is only fitting that my first blog challenge be Sherry's! She's one of my newest SS friends and I just gotta say that I love her! :) I have a feeling I have a new obsession to add to my list!

Copy and paste the following section into your
blog and answer as best as you can. You can elaborate (I hope you do), you can post pictures, you can be deep, you can be funny. Whatever you choose -just be honest. Second part of the challenge - post a picture (from this week) of you at your computer. Don't worry about cleaning up - just post and have fun.

1) Right now I want: SLEEP! I have been suffering from insomnia off and on. It's flared up again. And instead of going to bed, I avoid it. What I wouldn't give for one good night's sleep!

2) I wish I knew how to
: Speak Arabic fluently. I struggle every single day with this beautiful language. Oh, how I wish I could snap my fingers and BAM! I'd be fluent in Arabic~written, classical Arabic and the spoken Palestinian dialect.

3) When I want to indulge myself, I: Eat ice cream? Scrapbook? Or both!

4) You’ll never see me: Purposely being mean to someone. I know that I've hurt and offended people in my life. But never intentionally. I strive to be kind and to make everyone feel comfortable. Sometimes to my own detriment. I have a really hard time with extremely moody people. I am not fake, but I also don't believe everyone has to share my misfortune or my bad day. I can smile at someone, even if I'm feeling low inside.

5) A childhood memory that I love: The first place that came to my mind is my Na-na and Papa Joe's farm. But the memories there are endless! I'll pick one: gathering the eggs with Papa Joe. I can remember being scared to stick my hand under the clucking chickens. I felt sorry for them. And I was worried they would take a bite out of me. Papa Joe told me not
to be afraid. And he had to force me to put my hand under. I did get pecked on more than one occasion. But Papa Joe taught me to stand up and face things I was afraid of. I never liked taking the eggs. But I did it and I did it well. And I loved spending time with Papa Joe.

6) 2 things I do every single day: Pray and kiss my husband and kids

7) Happiest moment of 2008, so far: My surprise birthday party! I was away at a women's conference with ladies from our church from February 5-7. My birthday is the 6th. And I was feeling s
o sad to be separated from my family on my birthday. My friends tricked me into thinking we had a 5pm coffee break. When I walked into the room I first saw my youngest daughter, Georgia Kate, playing on the floor. Everyone screamed and I noticed Scot standing at the front of the meeting room with a 3-tiered birthday cake. The rest of our kids were with him too! I love surprises, and this one really knocked me off my feet! I called him literally 1 minute before walking into that room. Because of all the noise in the background, he told me he was at the local grocery store. We enjoyed 30 minutes together and then they had to leave. My kids actually cried as they drove away. I did too. Bittersweet. But mostly SWEET!

8) Describe yourself in 3 words: Ooooh...that's a tough one! Can I cheat and ask someone? I'll give it a try since I'm here by myself!
1. Passionate (both good and bad!)
2. Compassionate
3. Friendly/outgoing

Okay...I cheated a little and chose 4! We'll just consider the last 2 as 1, okay?

Scot just got home and I asked him to describe me in 3 words. Let's see how they match up!
1. boisterous
2. compassionate (no kidding! That was his second choice too!)
3. fun-loving

9) 2 scrap related goals for this year: 1. To get caught up so I can scrap more in the moment. 2. To complete 366 pages!

10) You have $40 that you MUST spend on yourself – what do you do with it? I would likely buy music and/or dvds. Or books. The things I always fill my online shopping carts with but never buy.

I'll have to get to the picture tomorrow since I'm in my jammies and look a-fright!

Seriously...this blog thing is just too much fun!

2 comments:

Brynn said...

Ok, I think your happiest moments is now one of MY happiest moments. What a neat thing! These were so fun to read, thanks Carrie!

Sherry said...

Yea Carrie! I am honored to be mentioned. LOL I really enjoyed getting to know you through this. You made me cry with the birthday party story. How sweet. I can't wait to keep up with your blog. Now to get working on that snail mail??? LOL