Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Star of the Show!

Scoty portrayed Jesus in his school's Easter drama. They performed yesterday and today, and I got to see both performances. I didn't really have a choice! When Scoty found out that we weren't coming today he started to cry. We can't have a sad Jesus! So, I skipped out on my Arabic lesson for an hour and went.

Scoty did great! This mother's heart was full to overflowing as I proudly watched him work so hard! It took a lot of discipline for him to be so serious! He practiced his serious face and his slow walk and his crouched down, carrying the cross walk at home. We had some concerns because he seemed nervous before the performances, but he didn't show it a bit. He walked onto that stage with confidence that belied his age!

He did a superb job! I'm so proud of my boy!

This has been such a great experience for Scoty. Since they began rehearsing the play a few months ago, I've seen him grow in confidence. He seems to have more self-assurance now. And he was so proud of himself. What an accomplishment!

I've got a lot to blog about today! Check back later for more!

2 comments:

Brynn said...

Don't you love those "Proud Mommy Moments"?! He looks great! My youngest DS has a big "play" thing tonight, hopefully I'll have a success story to share tomorrow.

I'm glad yours went so well.

Sherry said...

What a handsome boy he is. Good for him for doing so well and good for you for knowing when to drop things and just go to them. That is good mommy sense and is great when we can do those things. =]