Tuesday, May 6, 2008

SS Blog Challenge #15: Life Lessons

Life Lessons

When was the last time you had a life lesson -- one that made you feel "BETTER" about "YOU"? It doesn't have to be a life altering lesson; it can be something small, it can be something very minor, but it must be a life lesson. And it must be a GOOD life lesson. What was it?

I put off writing this one because I couldn't come up with any one thing. I'm always learning lessons! But this weekend I talked to my Mom. And she mentioned that my Na-na was thrilled when I called her last week to check up on how she was doing after her car accident! Na-na normally doesn't want to talk on the phone too long~~she worries about the long distance charges and doesn't understand just how cheap it is to call these days. But this conversation was fun. It only lasted about 12 minutes, but we both enjoyed talking to each other. I really miss her!

I learned that I am deeply loved. Knowing that a simple phone call from me brought my Na-na joy made me so happy! I learned that when we take the time to connect with people, we make a difference in their lives. And this happens only because we are loved and important to these people.

It feels so good to know that I'm loved. The distance has been difficult on me sometimes. I've been homesick. But there is comfort in knowing that the distance doesn't change the fact that I am loved. Something I always know...but it never hurts to be reminded once in awhile!

I think I'll call Na-na again!

2 comments:

Brynn said...

That's so cool Carrie! I think it's great you have such a good relationship with your na-na.

Traci said...

It definitely is cool. I should call my gram more. She's just a town away but this hectic life gets my priorities out of whack. You've inspired me to touch base with her more often.