Saturday, May 31, 2008

SS Blog Challenge #19

This challenge is brought to us by Beth! It was a challenge for me, but I guess that's redundant!

If you had to make your ultimate MIX TAPE (er, mix CD) what would be the top 10 songs on it, and why would you choose those songs?

Mine would be a revolving mix tape. It would definitely change from day to day. Oh, there are a few songs that would likely be on the list every single time. Others? They would rotate off and on depending on my mood. 10 songs is hard to narrow down to, but here goes!

1. Be Thou My Vision. A favorite hymn that speaks volumes to me every single time I sing it. It expresses my desire.

2. I'd Rather Have Jesus. It is my heart's desire.
  1. I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
    I’d rather be His than have riches untold;
    I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands;
    I’d rather be led by His nail-pierced hand
    • Refrain:
      Than to be the king of a vast domain,
      Or be held in sin’s dread sway;
      I’d rather have Jesus than anything
      This world affords today.
  2. I’d rather have Jesus than men’s applause;
    I’d rather be faithful to His dear cause;
    I’d rather have Jesus than worldwide fame;
    I’d rather be true to His holy name
  3. He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
    He’s sweeter than honey from out the comb;
    He’s all that my hungering spirit needs;
    I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead
3. How do I narrow down my favorite Monkee songs??? Impossible! I'll try! While I Cry by The Monkees from their album, Instant Replay. I love that song!

4. Piano Man by Billy Joel. I've gotta have me some Billy Joel on my ultimate mix tape. This song would change frequently based on my mood and the day.

5. I'll Be There for You by Bon Jovi. Hard to pick one cheesy Bon Jovi love song. And while I'm currently obsessed with Make a Memory, ultimately, I'll Be There for You takes me back to a different time. When I hear the very first notes of that song, I'm snagged!

6. American Tune by Simon and Garfunkel. Love the lyrics

7. American Pie by Don McLean. How can one live without this song? And it's long, for a more extended listening experience!

8. Penny Lane by the Beatles because you can't be somewhere without any Beatles!

9. She by Harry Connick, Jr. because it's cool, jazz funk and fun to dance to!

10. Nessum Dorma by Paul Potts. Not only is the song beautiful, but I love the story behind this man singing this song. It was such an amazing performance and my heart soars when I hear it!

Okay...can't I just take my Touch along with me and call it good? It's smaller than a CD!

Well, that's my list for the moment. Ask me again tomorrow and it just might change!


No comments: