Friday, October 31, 2008

6 Random Things

I got tagged a few days ago by Stacy. I am finally sitting here, with some time to get tagging! See if there is anyone left in my blogging circle that hasn't been tagged yet! :)

The Rules:1. Link to the person who tagged you (did that above!).
2. Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading).
3. Write 6 random things about yourself (see below).
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Ok. Now that we have THAT out of the way...
The Random:

1. I have to take things from the middle. I can't take the top or bottom of anything. I'd rather not take something than take the top or bottom. If forced to choose between top or bottom, I'll choose bottom. Less chance of being all boogered up. :) Papers? Middle. Items on a shelf? Middle. Clothes on a rack? Middle. Yeah, it gets frustrating sometimes.

2. I love everything about Christmas! I love the music, the decorations, the gift giving and special church services. I love candle light services and singing carols with my family. I love to sit in the dark, admiring the twinkling, even spasticly blinking tree lights. And I love my Christmas earrings. I used to have quite a collection, mostly gifts from my Na-na. Unfortunately, when thieves broke into our apartment in 2005 they made off with my Christmas earrings! Kind friends have sent me some to get my collection up and running again. I slowly begin to fill all the ear piercings I have (10 in all) with Christmas earrings, letting my kids help me pick the new pair for the day. The more obnoxious, the better.

3. I love to drive alone in my car with the windows down and the music blasting. It's the only time I can honestly say that I actually enjoy being alone. I don't mind if someone is along with me, as long as they don't try to talk to me while I'm singing along with my favorite tunes. Most close friends know better. :)

4. I hoarde special snacks and treats for the time when the kids are in bed. Does that make me a bad Mama? :) I enjoy savoring a good chocolate bar or some ice cream without having to share. Even Scot doesn't ask for a bite.

5. I pick up accents like a dry sponge picks up water! Scot is often slightly embarrassed when we are with people who speak English with a different accent than ours because of this odd habit and quite noticeable. I don't even realize I'm doing it, but it does worry me that someone will think I'm making fun of them. I am not. I just subconsiously take on accents, and I do it pretty well. I was with a group of Canadian volunteers here and after a day or two one of them said, "I didn't realize people from Pennsylvania had the same accent as us!" Scot just rolled his eyes as I mouthed the quesiton, "Am I talking Canadian?" He nodded his head. :) Yeah...British, Austrailian, Canadian, even a bad Palestinian accent. I pick 'em up. It's been great for second langauge aquisition!

6. I love The Monkees. Yeah, I'm sure my parents had hopes that I'd grow out of this one. :) I discovered them in 1986 when I was 11. I've seen them in concert together and solo an embarrassing number of times, and I've met all but one...more than once! I'd go see them again in a heart beat given the opportunity. I have no idea why. They have a certain power over me that turns me into that silly 11 year old little girl, screaming her lungs out at her first concert. They represent a time that was fun and innocent. No worries when I was listening to The Monkees. They are like cheap therapy for me! :)

I tag Beth, Jen, Joanie, Sherry, Diana, and Christina!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Fun little facts and they fit with just how I picture you :)