Friday, October 3, 2008

Quirky? Cute!

I was just tagged by my friend, Beth. FUN!

Here are the rules: Link to the person who tagged you.
List 6 quirks of yours.
Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same.

I'm weird. Or odd. Or at the very least, have some OCDs. :) The word quirky makes all of these things sound so much cuter! ;)

1. I must finish my french fries before biting into my burger. Must. Every last one of them. Used to drive Mara nuts! I think once she said she wanted to shove my burger into my mouth before the fries were finished and see what I would do. She didn't.

2. I eat my burger in a circular direction. I eat all the edges first and then eat the center. It has to do with quirk #3.

3. I save the best bite of anything for last. Obsessively. I want my last bite to be the best of the best, the most delicious, the most juicy, the most flavorful. So, I will awkwardly cut around things, scoop things from odd directions, and add a bit of extra gravy or butter to my very last bite. So, if you ask me for a bite of something, you better do it at the beginning. Because good manners means I will likely share my last bite of something with you, but I just might hold a grudge for a good, long time. :)

4. I prefer to write in purple pen. I've gotten a little more laid back about it, but in college, if there was no purple pen, then I just didn't write.

5. I sniff paper. I love the smell of new books and paper fresh out of a ream. I have perfected the ability to read a page of a book, while sniffing the other half. It's a sickness, really!

6. I can't take anything from the top or bottom of a stack. It's got to come from the middle. Papers being passed around at a meeting? I dig to the middle. Something on the shelf at a store? I move and shuffle things around until I find one in the middle. What if there is only one? Yes, that presents a problem. If it's something I've been dying for or can't find anywhere else and it shows no signs of wear and tear? I'll likely buy it. But maybe not. There. I admitted this one out loud. Or at least in type!

The last 2 were provided by Scot. He came into the office while I was typing out #4, so I innocently asked him, "Can you name some of my quirks?" Without even a split second of hesitation he laughed and launched into the list! Humph. He's right, though. The paper sniffing thing is almost embarrassing. Almost.

I TAG:
1. Jennifer
2. Joanie
3. Tracy
4. Stacy
5. Heidi

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh.my.word. I think were separated at birth! Seriously. I agree with all but the first two. I don't do those...but now it sounds like a good idea. LOL Oh, and I wanted to tag you, but thought you already did this! Take care my friend! LOL

Char said...

LOL, it is so fun to read other peoples quirks - to see how much a like we really are!! LOL