I've been tagged! When I first read the title on Brynn's blog, I could not figure out what kind of game this was! TAG! You're IT! :)
I've been tagged with Husband Tag... keep reading to see if YOU have been tagged!
So here we go...
What is his name? Scot, Daddy, and Baba (Arabic for Daddy)
How long have you been married? 11 years this month! May 31 is our anniversary!
How long did you date? We started dating in May of 1996, were engaged in October, and were married May of the next year. But ask how long we've known each other! We met when I was 5 and he was 4 in the church nursery! :)e
How old is he? 32...just 51 weeks younger than me!
Who eats more? He does.
Who said I love you first? He did.
Who is taller? He is. He's 6'3" and I'm 5'7"
Who sings better? I'd say that's a tie!
Who's temper is worse? Before kids I would have said mine, hands down. But he now blows his cork too. I tend to fly off the handle more quickly, but his temper is bigger. Does that make sense?
Who does the laundry? Me.
Who does the dishes? We both do. I think I do them a little bit more than him. I definitely unload the dishwasher more than he does. But we sort of do the dishes based on who's cooking, etc.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed (when you are facing it)? Right now, him.
Who pays the bills? Me. Scot knows next to nothing about our finances. And he doesn't really care to know. He knows enough that he could take over the responsibility if necessary. Nothing more.
Who cooks dinner? Since we both work weird schedules, I'd say it's 50/50 right now. There are certain things he always cooks and certain things I always cook. If he's home and I'm not, then he cooks. And if I'm home and he's not, I ask him to bring home take-out! Just kidding! He actually enjoys cooking more than I do.
Who mows the lawn? We have no lawn. When we did have a lawn, a friend from the church cut the grass and Scot did the hedges. I'm guessing if we really had a lawn, that would mostly be his job.
Who drives when you are together? 95% of the time, him. I don't necessarily enjoy driving and he doesn't usually mind, so it works out well. I always think of a quote from Scrubs. Dr. Cox is having one of his rants and he says something like "and don't offer to drive to give us a break! It doesn't really give us a break!"
Who has more friends? Me for sure. I'm an extreme extrovert. And while he's an amazing preacher and teacher, he is an introvert on the more personal level. He counts on me to break the ice and social settings, and most of the relationship he develops are as a result of things we've done together. He is happy to sit back and observe at social events. Me? Not so much! I've gotta be talking to someone! Hey, Brynn...what do you mean, "if you count my internet friends????" Of course we count!
Who has more siblings? It's a tie! He's got an older brother and I've got a younger sister!
Who wears the pants in the family? We work as a team in decision making. But, if there ever was a time where a decision had to be made and we couldn't come to an agreement, I would defer to him. He is wise. He thinks things through. And I trust him implicitly to have the best interests of our family at the forefront of all of his decisions. And since I know that I can be impulsive and irrational, I am comforted to know that I can rely on Scot's wisdom. This has happened so rarely, that I can only thing of one instance right now.
Ok, I'm tagging... Sherry and Joanie and Kaye!
1 comment:
Okay! I finally was able to take a break from my banquet stuff to check out some of my favorite blogs...that's you! I completed my tag! Thanks for that. Sounds like your guy is pretty amazing too!
Post a Comment