friends back home! His wife, my dear friend Jennifer, packed up his suitcases good! She's a fellow scrapbooker, so she understands my obsession and hooked me up with tons of fun scrapbooking stuff! Can somebody say STICKLES???? I never even knew they came in colors! Well, now I know it! Yeah...just a few bottles of Stickles...and chipboard...and ribbon...and cardstock...and rub-ons...Love you, Jen!The kids were bouncing off the wall excited to see Uncle Dave! We did manage to get them to sit still long enough for a picture:

Not only was Dave loaded down with scrapbooking supplies and gifts for the kids carefully picked by his own two children, but he also brought us several tastes of home! SOUPY sent by my Mom! And Hershey Kisses of all stripes and flavors! Mega M&Ms sent by Na-na! And, this amazing bag of FUN that I have been jonesin' for for a long, long time:
The first taste since 2004!!!!!! How did I survive so long without Middleswarth BBQ chips? The weekender bag? That's supposed to last an entire weekend? It didn't even last an hour here!
We get homesick for a lot of things. It isn't always easy being away from the things that are familiar to you...the people and places and things that you love. What a special treat to be able to hug an old friend! And the simple joy found in eating your very favorite chips in the whole wide world for the first time in nearly 4 years? God loves to spoil us, doesn't he?
4 comments:
Wow, sounds like it was Christmas at your house today! Cool gifts & goodies.
I do have a question though... what the heck is "soupy"?
Enjoy your stickles, I can't wait to see the LO's you come up with.
I've never used stickles! Now my curiosity is sparked, I might have to try them. I don't know what soupy is either though, lol.
Awesome that you had so many goodies from home!
Love it Carrie! Just priceless. Especially the picture where it looks like you are about to crawl completely into the bag of chips. LOL
I want to see a picture of your whole head inside the bag of chips. LOL!! Enjoy your goodies!!!
Post a Comment