Monday, May 12, 2008

This Week in Palestine

I'm sitting here reading the paper copy of the monthly magazine, This Week in Palestine. It's an excellent, thought-provoking edition. I thought I'd recommend the online copy to anyone who is interested.

This month is the celebration of Israel's independence day. And while anyone can appreciate the excitement that comes with celebrating the declaration of a state, there are often two sides to every story. Palestinians know this day at the Nakba, or the tragedy. So, as Israelis celebrate 60 years of statehood, many Palestinians mourn the loss of the life they had known. This edition of This Week in Palestine is written in commemoration of the Nakba.

This Week in Palestine gives a Palestinian perspective on issues affecting the Middle East. It is usually well written and intriguing. This month is one of the best issues I have read. Check it out. It is not light reading, but it does help me understand things a little better...

This Week in Palestine

**Please be aware that this magazine deals with controversial political issues.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Carrie - thanks so much for the link. Very interesting website - what a great history lesson! I could spend hours on that site just reading away.