We're still sick and getting worse, it seems. Blech. I'm feeling like someone ran me over with a truck. Scoty rallied a bit this morning, but tonight he was crying to go to bed. Keep praying, friends! This sickness is hitting everyone here, and it's rotten.
But, on a joyful note, our church held it's Christmas Bazaar tonight! There were games, gifts, give-aways, puppet shows, crafts, and a cafe for cappuccino and cakes. Scot and I manned a sugar cookie decorating stand. The kids came and cut out a cookie and then got to decorate it. They loved it! We were making cookies for 4 hours straight!
The place was packed. What was our purpose? Just to bless the community with something fun for their families. Our church, being protestant, is often viewed with suspicion by people from the more traditional churches. There was a huge response and people were happy! Successful and FUN! It was tiring, and since you all know I actually don't like kids, it's amazing that I'm standing here saying that it was fun, but it really was. I choose joy! :)
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys had a great time and were a blessing to all. Sorry you're all feeling yucky though. =[
Post a Comment