I spent the afternoon with my Na-na and Papa Joe. It was so comfortable to be at their house. The kids enjoyed their time running around. Things seem a little unfamiliar to them and they've been somewhat overwhelmed, but being there made us all feel at home.
I loved the familiar rhythm that life has at their house. Not too much has changed in the last 4 years. Papa Joe is confused these days. He looks at us with recognition, and sometimes I know he recognizes us. Other times he looks at us like we are welcomed strangers. That's hard. Even before we left his memory was slipping some, but he always knew me. Now he smiles and interacts with the kids, but I don't know if he really knows me. It breaks my heart.
But, in spite of that, it was a joyful day. I won't get into Scoty's doctor's appointment. He needed some booster shots, which we weren't prepared for. He was an unhappy little boy. But, the good news is, he's healthy. He's got an appointment with the orthopedic doctor in January because of his tip-toe walking, but the doctor doesn't think it's anything more than physical. That's an answer to prayer!
No comments:
Post a Comment