I have so much to be joyful about. First of all, I went to finish up everything for my children at school today, get all their books and their report cards, etc. I got to talk with Scoty's teacher for a long time. She thought we were returning after the Christmas holiday. She expressed such sadness at Scoty leaving her class for the rest of the year. She went on and on about what a wonderful little boy he is, how sweet and kind, how polite, how smart and helpful.
My heart swelled with pride! Scoty is all of these things. And I was so worried that by putting him into a second language situation some of his best qualities would be lost. I was so wrong! Miss Abeer raved about how much she is going to miss him. And she even said his Arabic is amazing and she's shocked to hear all my kids speaking Arabic because they speak it as if it's their mother tongue!

My mother heart couldn't be more proud. Habibi Scoty. I'm so proud of him!
Poor kid was too sick to go to school today, but he had to see Miss Abeer one last time. I, of course, snapped a picture for the scrapbook!
Tonight was our last night in church until we return. And I rejoice because I'm going to miss this place! There were tears from some unexpected people. They had a cake to say goodbye. It feels good to know that we have become part of the family here. I praise God for bringing me to the place where I belong in ministry.
So, in spite of high fevers and terrible coughs, I choose joy! And today it was kind of easy to do! :)
2 comments:
Prayers for a safe and smooth trip back to the States!
I hope you all feel better for the journey home. Love to you all!!
Post a Comment