Tuesday, December 23, 2008

CHOOSE JOY...December 23...

Today wasn't a particularly eventful day, but it was still fun. We went to get the boys' hair cut, but the barber shop had closed for lunch, so we drove to Friendly's, which is actually quite a drive for us. Maggie had been asking about going to Friendly's. She remembered going there over 4 1/2 years ago and drinking blue soda. It was a must visit. Well, the kids were so excited and we all laughed a lot. They enjoyed their meals (though I'm not sure the food was as magical as they remembered! :), and then we drove back to the barber and got nice, Christmas cuts. The day ended with the older 3 kids decorating a gingerbread house with Mo-mo (my mom). They chattered about that nonstop. It was fun.

Yep. Another day where choosing joy was easy. :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh, man! Friendly's has the best banana splits! When Stan and I were in Philly in '95 (for a 10-day optometry course he had to take) we used to go to Friendly's every night when he'd get back from class. I don't know if the banana splits were *that* good or if I was just so relieved to be out of the hotel room, but I remember Friendly's fondly!