Monday, December 22, 2008

CHOOSE JOY...December 21...

We got to see a Christmas play today! A Child's Christmas in Wales was playing at a local theater and we took the older 3 kids and my Mom as a Christmas treat. It was FUN! First, we visited a local Chinese food buffet, which was something completely unknown to our kids. Scoty is really into compartmentalizing everything, so every food he tasted was met with the statement, "We eat this in Palestine." Or, "We don't eat this in Palestine." He settled for some white rice because "we definitely eat this in Palestine." :)

The play was festive and funny and the kids loved it! The favorite comment of the evening? As we took our seats, Scoty looked intently at the stage and said, "I can't see. That house is in my way." Apparently he thought we were there to see a movie, and the set was standing right in front of the screen! :) He continued to be amazed at how real all the people on stage looked! We need to get this kid out more!

I love to support this local theater. I volunteered with them and even performed in A Christmas Carol way back in 1991. My kids thought that was the coolest thing...that I was actually in a play on that stage. They wanted to know if anyone would recognize me. :)

It was just a fun experience and I'm so glad we were able to fit this into our holiday schedule.

We also got to visit our home church for the first time. Though we had snow and the crowd was low, it was so comfortable to fit back into that life. It felt good....

1 comment:

Brynn said...

Oh Carrie, I'm so glad things are going so well for all of you! This has got to be so awe inspiring for your kids. Are you reliving everything through them right now?