Friday, November 28, 2008

A BOOK PARTY! :)

I'm having a PARTY and you're all invited! :) This isn't my thankful post! I'll be back later today for that. This is my "I'm hostessing an online book party" post! :)

I have a friend (SabraInPA on SS) who is selling books through a direct sales company called Usborne. I thought it would be fun to host an online party. Since we don’t have access to libraries here, and English books are scarce and expensive, I would love to build up my kids’ home library with age appropriate books. My friend, Mika, shared Usborne with me, and in an effort to help her business, I signed up to hostess an online party. Their books are wonderful! My mom actually bought us a book of Arabic words from this company our first year here and my kids still use it!

The best part is that there is a BIG Black Friday sale today. Maybe we can all find some books that interest us and save some money in the process. Here is the direct link to the Black Friday sale on my party page: BLACK FRIDAY SALE

I think the books would make great Christmas gifts for the young readers in your life. Of course, there is no pressure! This is just something fun that I decided to do. I hope you’ll find something from Usborne that you like too!

Here is the e-mail invitation they send with party details:

You are invited to an Usborne Books eShow to explore the world of Usborne Books. A child's interest in reading and learning is stimulated by the lavish illustrations and informative content. There are over 1300 bright, colorful and fun titles covering activities, puzzles and a wide range of subjects for children of all ages.

Usborne Books - the books kids love to read!

Hosted by: Carrie Dressler
Place: www.ubah.com/HOS134282
When: Today thru 12/7/2008 11:59:00 PM

Everyone is welcome, so invite a friend.

It's a rewarding experience when a child opens a book and discovers the magic of reading.

1 comment:

Joan Robertson said...

I am way past my book budget for the holiday since both kids had a book fair at school and I went to the library roundup for texas educators.
I love these books. I used a lot of them when we homeschooled. Many that the kids still use for fun.
We have a History (internet linked) and an Art (also interntet linked) book that are WELL worth every penny.