Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November 19...Today I am thankful for...

A husband who takes the time to read to his kids. When Scot is working at night, the bedtime duty falls to me, and I realize the sacrifice he makes and the patience he has. While I'm always there for the showers/jammies/teethbrushing part, Scot takes over and does the Bible/story reading part. The kids love it. He not only makes it educational (they are now memorizing a Bible verse for every letter of the alphabet and have completed through K), but fun!

We are not talking about some 5 minute story time. Sometimes he's in there for over an hour, reading favorite books and stories until the kids are asleep. They are currently on their 4th (or is it 5th?) read-through of the Chronicles of Narnia books. With Daddy it never gets old.

The kids sometimes feel cheated when I tuck them in. Oh, I give the best hugs and kisses, but I don't read nearly as long as Daddy does.

Scot's amazing. I look forward to seeing how this sacrifice of time that he makes nearly every day enriches our kids lives in the future. And I love that even Thomas, our 9 year old, begs for more. "Just one more chapter, Daddy! Pleeeeaaaaase!" :)

No comments: