Sunday, November 30, 2008

November 30...Today I'm thankful...

I'm going HOME! We spent literally the entire day packing, cleaning and organizing in anticipation of our trip to the US on December 15. It's horrible and stressful. I hate packing and moving. It's unsettling and tears have been shed by me and the kids. Today Maggie cried when she realized she couldn't take all of her Christmas ornaments with her. We let the kids choose one to take along, and she just couldn't bring herself to do it. It broke my heart.

But, all of this work means that I am going HOME! I love it here, but thinking about going home is filling my heart with joy! There are struggles and stresses there, including some major family upheaval since we left in 2004, but it's still home. Things are familiar. The language is easy! :) And Christmas is a major holiday! It's all good!

So, in spite of the stress of packing and the mess and chaos that is our life right now, I'm so thankful that I'm going home!

1 comment:

Jayne said...

I hear you on the stress of packing! (Doing it here too - we are moving the same time you are coming to the US) So glad you will be "home" soon :)