Sunday, November 2, 2008

November 2...Today I am thankful for...

My friend, Sherry, challenged her blog readers to post a gratitude post daily this month. I love the idea! Unfortunately, I missed yesterday, so we start fresh today!

From Sherry:
Colossians 3:15
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

This month I challenge all of you, my blogging friends, to post a gratitude post daily. If possible, post a picture to go along with it!

Today I express my gratitude for Scot, my amazing husband. Not only is he extremely intelligent, but he's hysterically funny. No one makes me laugh like he does. He is kind, thoughtful, faithful, hard-working, generous, compassionate, loving, and committed to the call God has placed on his life. In our line of work, we have counseled couples in crisis. I have counseled women in troubled marriages. All of this has made me even more grateful for my husband. He is one in a million and the perfect match for me. I know it sounds cheesy, but he really is my best friend.

Just a little bit of interesting background: we met when I was 5 and he was 4! That's 28 years! We didn't begin dating until 1996, got engaged in October and were married May 31, 1997. But all those years of friendship laid the foundation for a wonderful marriage! I'm blessed...and so very thankful...

P.S. That picture if of us in Mali, West Africa, January 1997!

3 comments:

Brynn said...

Great post Carrie. Isn't it wonderful to get to live with your BFF & know that you'll always be together. I LOVE that I too have a good, strong relationship. I can't imagine going through life any other way.

Sherry said...

Not cheesey at all! Wonderful post and beautiful blog background! =]

Joan Robertson said...

I read what you write, I have seen so many pictures of you family, I tend to forget we have never met. You are my friend, Carrie. Strange.
I am thankful for friends.