Sunday, November 23, 2008

November 23...Today I am thankful for...

SHRINKY DINKS! A friend from Scrapshare sent me a package awhile back and included a pack of Shrinky Dink paper. I haven't done Shrinky Dinks in years and was excited to try it with the kids. It took a little longer than anticipated just to get them all colored and cut, but we did get to finish quite a few pairs of earrings for me and some gifts for family. And all 4 kids made a Christmas tree charm that they want to make into a necklace.

Who can forget the magic of Shrinky Dinks? Watching them curl up and shrink was so much fun the kids were fighting over who got to stand closest to the oven. Humph. Well, it wouldn't be a family craft time if there wasn't at least one fight!

It was great fun, and I've got some fun, funky, mildly obnoxious holiday earrings to wear for Thanksgiving and Christmas! :)

1 comment:

Brynn said...

How fun! I haven't done shrinky dinks in years & years.