Friday, November 7, 2008

November 7...Today I am thankful for...

Scrapshare. A message board. Yep. Why? Scrapshare entered my life in January 2006 as a place to find scrapbooking ideas. I had no one to scrap with. It was lonely. So, I joined Scrapshare hoping to find some new and different scrapbooking ideas. I found so much more!

I found a group of (mostly) women with lots in common with me, a group of women who would come to support what I do and challenge me in lots of areas of my life. And though I have only met one of them in real life (Hi, Carol!), I consider many of them my friends. And when I am stateside, I hope to meet as many of them as possible! They have made donations to my scrapbooking ministry, sent gifts to me and my family, dropped encouraging notes, and have blessed me in so many ways....

Joanie blogged about Scrapshare yesterday. She is currently at a Scrapshare retreat...a retreat that I had dreamed of going to. The funny thing? I'm thankful for her! :)

2 comments:

Brynn said...

There's just nothing like it is there?! I too am beyond thankful for SS in my life & the many friends I have made. My life has been changed for the better & will never be the same because of it. Most people just don't "get it", guess you have to be a part of it to understand the love we all share.

BTW, I SO wish you were headed to the West coast while stateside!

Unknown said...

Hi Carrie!
We were just watching the videos of our visit with you, Scot and your dad and our trip to Bethlehem! I'm mostly a lurker on Scrapshare but I visit regularly. I feel like I "know" many of you there.
Looking forward to reading your comments when you return to the good ole USA!