My baby sister, Regina. Seeing as how her birthday is October 16, I thought it would be fitting for me to give her a shout out today! We were not always friends. I suppose I did not come to appreciate my little sister as a friend until I was off at college. Suddenly, as be both were growing up, we realized how much we had in common. Now, I can't imagine life without her. She makes me laugh the good kind of
laughs~~the hard to catch my breath kind of laugh (notice a theme in my thankful posts...always something about laughing! I love to laugh!) She appreciates good sarcasm, cares for me and my family, is kind and loving, and she's a faithful friend! She isn't, however, the best package sender, though I suppose I can forgive her that one flaw! :) She loves her nieces and nephews and they love their Aunt Danni. Ask me where the Danni came from! Thomas, when he was pretty small, struggled with the name Regina. It came out something like "Dajna." This evolved into Danni, and this is her name. My kids have actually asked, "Why do you call Aunt Danni 'Reg' or 'Regina'? Does she have another name? :)

Reg has become one of my best friends. And I can't wait to just hang out with her where she lives and works! Maybe a little Office marathon...or Gilmore Girls...just chillin' with my sis!
Love you, Reg! :)
2 comments:
That is so sweet...Aunt Danni.
It's funny how we get names. . my sister is Donna and when my daughter was little she had a hard time with it but was into saying "naan naana pooh". . .and they did that back and forth so much that she begin to call her Aunt Pooh! My daughter is 18 and still calls her Aunt Pooh!
Post a Comment