Monday, November 17, 2008

November 17...Today I am thankful for

Laughter. Oh, boy, do I ever love to laugh! Sometimes I laugh at what other's may consider inappropriate times. I find laughter puts people at ease, smooths over rough situations, and makes people happy. So I laugh often and I laugh much. And I laugh a little too loudly most of the time. But hey...that's just me! :)

I am so glad to have family and friends who enjoy laughing as much as I do! First, my mother taught me about the hysterical laughter, the kind that happens spontaneously, usually about something completely stupid. You know the kind: you can't even catch your breath. Yeah, Mom is great that! My bff, Mara, and I have always enjoyed breathless laughter. My sister plays her part. All of us together! FUN! Scot makes me laugh like no one else, with his dry sense of humor and sarcasm and quick wit. I love to watch him laugh so hard he can't breathe. He's always so in control of himself...unlike me! No big shock to anyone when I lose it completely!

And finally, my kids. They've got the laughter gene too! They can laugh hysterically with me over the silliest stuff! And they love to try to get me to laugh, too. They can be silly, witty, and just plain hysterical! I'm going to share some pictures from our zoo trip yesterday. See if you can tell which ones were intended to elicit laughter! :)

I love laughing, so if you are an old fuddy duddy, we probably won't get along. But if you enjoy laughing, then let's hang sometime. Nothing helps heal my heart better than laughter. And ice cream, but laughter's better for me. That whole "you burn 7 calories/minute when laughing" thing. Yep. It's even exercise!

And I'm including this picture just beacuse I think the girls look absolutely gorgeous in the sunlight. And then I had to include th next picture because I don't want you to think our only adventures are on fake donkeys at the zoo! That's a shot of Maggie and Scoty riding our friend's donkey. :)

No comments: