Christmas music! Oh, I love Christmas music! I can't get enough of it! I buy some new stuff every year. My sister recently wrote that it's that time of year when iTunes becomes as addictive as caffeine and you can't stop buying Christmas music! So true!
My purchases this year so far? Tracy Chapman's version of O Holy Night. I'm working on a collection of different versions of that song, seeing as how it's my very favorite Christmas carol of all time! I also bought John Rutter and the Cambridge Choir's Christmas music, by Scot's request. He prefers chorale music, and I love it all, so everyone's happy! I also bought Harry Connick, Jr.'s newest Christmas Album. Good stuff, all of it!
I begin listening to Christmas music much earlier than many. It's not unheard of for me to listen to a Christmas song or two year round, but I begin in earnest sometime in October. iTunes has made it much easier to feed my addiction, including the ability to create specialized playlists! Oh, that's like mixed tape heaven for this music lover! :)
Christmas music makes me happy. It helps me think of happy times, snuggled up and enjoying the Christmas lights on the tree. My parents have 2 records that I used to listen to when I was small. I'd love to find those exact recordings on CD. The memories...
Yep, I love Christmas music. It's the most wonderful time of the year, afterall! ;)
2 comments:
Remind me to tell you about my time meeting Tracy Chapman. I think I need to see if Michael Buble has any Christmas music out.
O Holy Night is my favorite!!!! Have you heard Martina McBride's version? It will give you goose bumps!
Post a Comment