Wednesday, November 5, 2008

November 5...Today I am thankful for...

The Disney trip I am planning for my family. I'm sure some of you must think this is a silly thing to be thankful for, but it's such a fun blessing for our family that I can't help but be excited! My mom mentioned sometime before we left the US 4 years ago, in passing, that maybe she'd take the kids to Disney when we came back. Maggie never forgot (actually Maggie forgets nothing!). Maggie mentioned it, Mom was still willing, and thus the fun began! And she's coming along for the ride, which is going to make the trip even better! And no, not just because we'll have an extra pair of adult hands to help out with 4 kids, though that's a bonus! :) I'm thrilled that Mom will get to experience this with the kids and that they will have Mo-mo with them to share in the magic that is Disney.

I love planning for things like this, and it's been such a blast to see the kids getting so excited about it! We've watched that free planning dvd Disney sends out about a billion times! I check out discount boards and Disney information boards. To some it sounds tedious and even insane, but for me? A planner's heaven!

Disney has been something I've been able to focus on when life was stressful. It's something happy on the horizon, no matter how rough things may seem. And it's something I never dreamed would happen for our family.

I am so grateful for the little extra blessing of being able to say to the kids, "We're going to Disney!" Without my Mom, this trip wouldn't be happening. Thanks, Mom. I know we're going to have a blast! The Mouse is just 64 days away!

2 comments:

tosin said...

The planning really is fun, isn't it?! Last year at this time I was planning my family's first Disney trip for January. It was amazing - really magical.

Enjoy every moment!

~toemi~

McKay Family said...

That will be so much fun for you and your family. Disneyland or Disney World?