Saturday, November 8, 2008

November 8...Today I am thankful for...

Coffee. I love coffee. It's fun to drink in the morning with Scot, or out with friends. I love all kinds of coffee: iced coffee, espresso, cappuccino, steaming hot, a-fukh (Hebrew for upside down, heavy on the milk), flavored, specialty drinks...pretty much, if it's got coffee in it's name, I'll love it! Ooooh...coffee ice cream! YUM!

Coffee, for me, isn't just a drink, it's a social event. I know many who enjoy their morning cup of coffee in isolation. That is so not me. Drinking coffee alone isn't fun at all. I'd much rather sit together with Scot in the morning, taking 15 minutes to just sip a cup of coffee together. I would never go and sit at a coffee bar by myself, but give me a group of girlfriends and I am all over that!


In our last apartment, when selecting the color for the living room, we settled on 2 tones of brown. And after painting the walls we realized we had a problem. A coffee addiction! The walls looked just a like a cappuccino! :)

Scot is the primary coffee maker. We're still drinking ice
d coffee in the mornings which requires some forsight. I fill up ice cube trays in the evening. Scot starts the coffee in the bodum press before anything else so the coffee has time to chill in the freezer. When we switch over to hot coffee, Scot will resume his expert cappuccino making skills.

Yep, love me some yummy coffee! Dark roast preferable, but I can enjoy milder roasts. Starbucks Christmas Blend is my favorite coffee in the world. And I'll be in the US in time to buy some of my own...I hope! :)

3 comments:

Sherry said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm...you know I love me some coffee! =]

Anonymous said...

Love the smell of coffee but have never aquired the taste for it. I even buy coffee scented candles! When are you coming to the US?

Tracy Kosofsky said...

Oh, I am thankful for coffee, too!!! I am sitting here drinking some right now. I love reading your "thankful for" posts.:)